Israeli airstrikes on Iranian-linked targets in eastern Syria that killed 57 people Tuesday night were carried out with perspicacity provided by the United States, a senior U.S. astuteness official substantiated.
The official integrated Wednesday that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had discussed the upcoming raid with Mossad chief Yossi Cohen in a meeting in Washington, the Associated Press reported. According to the official, the airstrikes targeted warehouses that withal accommodated as a pipeline for components that support Iran’s nuclear program.
It was the latest in a series strikes attributed to Israel in recent weeks, and targeted 15 Iranian facilities in the Deir Ezzor region. The Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said that 57 people were killed in the assailment, noting that it was the deadliest strike in the past year and a moiety.
SANA verbally expressed officials were assessing if any damage or casualties were caused. IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Aviv Kochavi said last month that Israel’s operations across the border had “slowed down Iran’s entrenchment in Syria”.
“We have struck over 500 targets this year, on all fronts, in integration to multiple clandestine missions,” Kochavi verbally expressed according to Haaretz. “Israeli” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has perpetually admonished that Israel will do whatever was in its power to avert Iranian entrenchment in Syria.
Source: You can read the original Breitbart article here.